What’s Your Greater Purpose?
Benefits of Using a Trust
- Tax Savings…depending on thresholds set by Congress. In 2020 each individual receives an $11.58 million exclusion, so for a couple both living in 2020 the exclusion doubles to $23.16 million. If your estate is more than $23.16 million then a trust can help save your heirs money on federal taxes.
- Ease of probate/ Increased Privacy...trusts are one way to avoid probate and probate courts which are public record. Owning property in multiple states is a good reason for a trust.
- Change in Family Status…remarriage is a common reason to setup trusts.
- Caring for Children…sprinkling assets over time to help care for children with disabilities, children with addictions, and other family issues.
- Protection of assets… Another common reason to setup a trust is for asset protection. Protection may no longer mean tax savings. Instead protection means protection from creditors, protection from lawsuits, protection from wayward children, protection from an ex-spouse, etc.
Trust Services & Benefits
Warren Financial provides the following fiduciary trustee services to our clients:
- Accounting duties: paying bills, retitling assets, make distributions.
- Custodial arrangements: We typically utilize custody from TD Ameritrade to hold your Trust assets, track the value of those assets, maintain appropriate records, and collect interest and dividends at no cost to your trust.
- Maintenance and transfer of real estate: obtaining titles, deeds, and appraisals
- Overseeing property: evaluating and distributing personal property
- Management of unique assets: Maintaining copyrights, patent rights, farm holdings, and oil and gas interests
- Estate Settlement: preparing tax returns, paying creditors
- Distribution of assets: Allocating property according to the trust terms
- Amending the trust documents to name our partner trust firm, Advisor Private Wealth Trust (APWT) as the corporate trustee and Warren Financial as the investment manager
- Funding: Properly funding any and all sub-trusts.
Warren Financial Trust Services provides the following benefits to the customer:
- Consolidated, connected and focused support. Hiring Warren Financial Trust Services is similar to hiring a general contractor to build your house instead of hiring your own plumber, electrician, carpenter, etc.
- Your financial advisor knows your financial situation. So, instead of dealing with a Trustee advisor, you can accomplish all the tasks via your familiar Warren relationship manager/advisor.
- A wide variety of trusts to accomplish various goals
- Competitive pricing
- A strong service model focusing on collaboration with you and your heirs
- Experienced staff to assist you with all your trust needs, such as retitling of assets
- Avoiding “Successor Trustee Risk” by appointing APWT as corporate trustee and Warren Financial as investment manager
- That your long-term plans get implemented
- That you have provided for your heirs
- That your taxes and estate debts get paid
- That the proper tax returns will be filed
- That your heirs have followed all the IRS and state tax rules and regulations such that any estate audit will go more smoothly
Trust Services Schedule
No matter who you are, or where you come from,
planning for the future with
Warren Financial Trust Services is always a good idea